BASF has developed a new portfolio for water-based systems to protect and highlight wood while meeting sustainability needs.
The Joncryl 953X portfolio includes five straight acrylic dispersions. All of them are multi-purpose and fine-particle sized. BASF says the products fulfill key performance characteristics for wood coatings such as resistance to chemicals, scratch resistance, hardness, and blocking resistance as well as high wet transparency and in-can clarity. Additionally, customers can choose products with low to zero co-solvent demand.
“The interest in industrial wood coatings with improved appearance is gaining momentum,” says Dr. Nick Gruber, Head of Industry Management Resins for Furniture & Flooring at BASF. “Look and feel are increasingly important as buying factors for wooden surfaces.”
“We are pleased that we can offer our customers a product range that combines excellent grain enhancement with performance and sustainability. The new range comprises different products, all of them designed to have their particular strengths so that they can meet different customer needs, allowing customers to select the most appropriate product. This is a great addition to our portfolio.”
The Joncryl 953X portfolio includes:
- Joncryl 9530: Grain enhancement and chemical resistance
- Joncryl 9531: Balance between blocking and chemical resistance
- Joncryl 9532: Blocking, chemical and scratch resistance
- Joncryl 9533: Early blocking resistance and 0% co-solvent demand
- Joncryl 9534: Blend partner for enhancing blocking resistance and hardness