AkzoNobel has launched its 2021 Paint the Future global challenge, inviting startups to collaborate on innovations.
“Pioneering new technologies and solutions for our customers is something we’ve been doing for hundreds of years,” says Klaas Kruithof, Chief Technology Officer. “Today, with the rapid development of technology in so many areas, we invite others to join us in pushing boundaries – beyond expectation, imagination and generations. Paint the Future is how we drive collaborative innovation in the paints and coatings industry.”
The submission deadline is July 20. All submissions will receive feedback from industry experts. Selected finalists will be invited to a collaboration event in late 2021. Winners will be offered partnership agreements to work with AkzoNobel on sustainable business opportunities.
The company says its collaborative approach works. In the past two years, Paint the Future has produced 18 successful solutions.
“For startups, think how much more you could do with access to AkzoNobel’s expertise, resources and global reach – as well as the knowledge held by the 2,220 members in our collaborative innovation ecosystem,” says Ally van der Boon, Paint the Future Program Manager. “This is an incredible opportunity for you to develop and accelerate your solution. Imagine how far we can go together.”
The 2021 Paint the Future program will explore solutions to five challenges:
- Enhanced functionality: What exciting new functionality and/or transformative power can your technology offer to bring surfaces to life?
- Customer experience: How could your solution improve the way customers experience products and services?
- Smart application: How could your solution change or improve the way paints and coatings are applied?
- Circular solutions: How would your solution enable circular use of materials at any point in the value chain?
- Smart manufacturing and supply chain: How can your solution help AkzoNobel create and adopt smarter manufacturing and supply chain solutions?